Fort Bend County Volunteer Poll Watcher Application
Election integrity is critical to ensuring our elections are conducted in a fair manner for all Americans. Volunteer poll watchers are the backbone to helping make sure elections all throughout Fort Bend County are conducted with the utmost integrity .If you are interested in volunteering as a volunteer poll watcher, please complete the form below and we will reach out to you soon.
WHAT IS A POLL WATCHER?
A volunteer appointed to observe the conduct of an election on behalf of a:
• County political party
• Specific-purpose political action committee for/against a ballot measure
WHAT DOES A POLL WATCHER DO?
• Observes the election process (not voters)
• Documents observations
• Reports irregularities
WHO CAN SERVE AS A POLL WATCHER?
A registered voter of the county or subdivision covered by the election who receives a Certificate of Appointment and is not any of the following:
• An elected official or candidate for office in the election
• An employee or relative of an election judge or clerk at the same polling place**
• Convicted of an election-related offense.
** A Watcher may be related to a candidate or another Poll Watcher.
Being a Poll Watcher is crucial to the voting process!! Do not be afraid we will TRAIN YOU!!